Once I analysed the album cover, I had a go at improving the cover in Photoshop. I wanted to play on the fact that the word 'Shudder' is associated with hatred, therefore my attempts in Photoshop were focused on hatred and anything associated with the word 'Shudder'.
In my first attempt I wanted to create a darker feel to it. I therefore applied a textured layer and altered how it blended with the actual cover. I also added more red to the cover (mostly around the edges) I think it mixed well with the gold.
The next one I made is a lot more vivid in colour. However, it is also black and white in places. I believe this gave the image an interesting parallel of contrasting moods. It also looks like it is burnt.
In the last one I made, I wanted to create a more positive look to it using bright vivid blues. This also contributed to the cold you feel when you shudder. I think it is the most eye catching out of the three because of how bright the colours are.
After completing these compositions, I did notice several aspects that could have been improved. I Should have moved some of the elements around to give them more effect, for example the Bayside logo might have had more effect in the middle of the cover. I could have highlighted the Bayside emblem (in the center of the cover) a bit more to make it stand out. Overall I believe these compositions generally improved the effectiveness of all these variations.



No comments:
Post a Comment